This is the week of Christmas. We are prepping and preparing for a warm home full of family and friends. One way to bring in the scent of christmas is a fresh garland for your mantel. We demo one for you this week that is easy and quick to spruce up your home.
Gather these items to start:
- Mix of Greens ( great to get at local stores or christmas tree farms)
- Rope or twine
- spool wire (gage 22″)
- Wire cutters
1. Start by cutting green pieces about 5 inches in length
2. Make piles of all your greens for easy access as you create
3. Measure your mantel with rope or twine and make sure to account for draping on each side if you like.
4. Cluster 3-4 stems together and tie off with wire.
5. Add your twine in to keep your length and for extra security in your structure.
6. Keep bundling 4-5 stems at a time and add to the exposed stems on the twine.
7. When you have reached the end of your twine tie the last bundle in the opposite direction to cover the exposed stems and for a finished look
Drape across your mantle and enjoy..
We added a potted white amaranths along with our glitter dear
Potted white Poinsettia and paperweight bulbs.
Leftover greens make a great addition in a mercury glass vase of water.
Merry Christmas from our Family to yours.