The slower months of January- April are hard on those of us who crave the color green and all the vivid blooms it brings. Living in the midwest where we experience all the four seasons to it fullest. We go through a time of sadness, grey and dormant between the bright white soft drifts of snow. So creating a celebration luncheon with cheerful friends and family may be in order. So start with this Herb filled table runner with gift of seed for everyone invited. Here is the how-to of putting this spread on and enjoying it through out all those dreary cold months ahead.
- Start by buying local grown mix of potted 4 inch pots of herbs from your local greenhouse. We used Heartland Nursery or many local grocery store carry them.
2. We purchases 3 long cedar wood boxes with plastic liners. The liners are most important. If you need to make your own, you can seal them up with a seal spray or heavy duty garbage bag cut to fit all the way up the sides to the top of the box.
3. See photo for the liner to the rim of the box.
4. place 3 pots into the lined box side by side of different types of herbs.
5. Water in between the pots so the water falls to the bottom and the plant drink from there.
6. Herbs like moist soil and dry out quickly so check the dirt at the top soil every day and keep moist. Especially basil (don’t let it dry out) Keep them in a well lit window and they will last all season and be a perfect addition to all your dinners.
7. Lastly. Set the table for your guests.
8. We added guest favors on each plate .Packets of seeded herbs for our guests to take home and plant for their gardens.
9. Here are the links for these cute. Free Printable seed cards (just add your seeds).
10. This one is the one we used for this dinner. Free Printable seed packet/add your seeds
Set your plate setting…
add your herbs, food, drink and enjoy.